11 Mar Cupping Therapy by JoAnne
Cupping Therapy uses negative pressure, rather than tissue compression when massaging the body. Many feel the negative pressure is superior for bodywork, stubborn conditions, repetitive strains, inflammation, toxicity, chronic fatigue, disgestive problems and a slough of other issues we confront as we grow older.
The suction cups rapidly facilitate rigid soft tissue release, loosens and lifts connective tissue, breaks up and drains stagnation while increasing blood and lymph flow to skin and muscles in ways not possible using compression.
Cupping can feel really great when done properly for your constitution and current physiology and/or condition. It is not unusual to fall asleep when receiving this treatment. You will be surprised at how relaxed, warm and light you will feel hours, sometimes day, afterwards.
Some more benefits of cupping:
- deep tissue work and release without discomfort
- pulls blood supply to the skin
- relieves inflammation
- breaks up and expels congestion
- dispels wind, damp and cold to treat muscle and joint pain. stiffness and arthritis
- strengthen the immune system by promoting the flow of lymphatic fluid
- treats excess heat conditions, fever, stress, depression and anxiety
- loosens adhesions
Often, when a condition exists within deeper structures where sufficient pathologic factors are dredged up during treatment, discoloration will appear on the skin. This is the therapeutically desired effect-the more this is visible, the greater the level of stagnation and toxicity. The discoloration will fade over a few days.
You can add cupping therapy to any massage with a $10 upgrade.